Do you desire to own and operate your own small organic farm? Come join our dynamic team and learn how we do it.
Farm Assistant/Field Manager
Oak Spring Farm is seeking a full-time farm assistant for the 2021 growing season (March-December). Oak Spring is a small, intensive Certified Organic farm in Northern Baltimore County, MD with a diversified vegetable production and humanely raised pastured eggs. We grow over 40 different crops and market our goods through a 150+ member CSA , Baltimore restaurants and local markets. Skills Desired: 2+ years of organic farm experience, strong field knowledge, ability to work independently and make decisions with common sense, willingness to work in all kinds of weather, knowledge of market garden tools, physical stamina and strength to easily lift and carry 50 lbs. Responsibilities include harvesting, seeding, transplanting, greenhouse management, irrigation, cultivating, farm maintenance, CSA harvest estimates, laying hen and broiler care, managing and assisting volunteers, restaurant delivery and farmers market preparation and sales. The ideal candidate has:
- A serious interest and experience in organic farming
- A desire for efficiency, detail, and a sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to take initiative and take on responsibility
- Commitment and enthusiasm
Send resume, 3 references and the answer to the below questions to email@example.com.
- Why do you want to work at Oak Spring Farm?
- Why are you the ideal candidate for this job?